Parading with CRMC  Introduced over 40 years ago and as popular as ever! 

If you have a race bike but aren't keen on racing it, parading is the next best thing. The CRMC is proud to be the first racing motorcycle club to recognise that many people get a lot of fun and enjoyment from riding and seeing machines out on track, but not necessarily racing. CRMC parades encourage riders to venture out on track without the same risk of damage as racing, but all the fun. 
There is also a little more flexibility to accept CRMC Parade machines that don't meet the usual age cut-offs and classification, providing that the machine is otherwise interesting. CRMC Parade machines are expected to be prepared to the same high standard as machines used for racing. As with all CRMC racing motorcycles, a CRMC Eligibility Certificate is required. 
Yamaha TZ750 ©

What will I need to parade with the CRMC? 

Parade bikes are checked by Technical Control in exactly the same way as race bikes; in addition to everything you would expect for a road-going motorcycle, the sump drain plug will need to be lock-wired, as will the front fork drain-bolts. The bike must also be fitted with a shark’s-fin guard on the rear swingarm, to protect the rear chain sprocket. John Davidson looks after parade bike eligibility registration so if you have any queries, click here to contact John Davidson
You will need an ACU approved helmet (with the gold sticker on it), one-piece leathers, leather gloves and leather boots along with an identity tag with your name and date of birth. You will find useful information about starting racing which will also be helpful for you parading - click here for more information about starting racing and parading. 

How do I register a Parade bike with CRMC? 

You need to submit details of your machine to the CRMC Eligibility Officer - you can apply online or download and print an Eligibility Registration Form from the CRMC Eligibility page

What licence is required to parade with CRMC? 

You will need a full DVLA motorcycle licence and if you are aged over 70 years of age, you will need a parade licence issued by the ACU, rather than a DVLA motorcycle licence. The ACU charge £10 for a parade licence. More informatio0n is available from the ACU website

Classic Eligibility Officer: 

John Davidson Tel: 07771 177788 

CRMC Eligibility Rules Booklet 

Post-Classic Eligibility Officer: 

Andy Pike Tel: 07717 573433 

Class Representative 

Examples of machines eligible or already registered 

Harley-Davidson RR250 

Ringhini (350) 

Harris TZ (250/350) 

Rob North Yamaha TZ350 

Maxton TZ (250/250) 

Spondon TZ (250/350) 

Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings